1. Brick Making
1. The first thing you need to know before you start your own brick making business , is that you have to know the process of making Bricks. Click here to see the step by step guide of making Bricks
2. Writing a Business Plan
It is very important to have a business plan for your brick making business, your business plan should include your strategic focus, a marketing plan, operations plan, staffing plan and a financial plan. A business plan helps to clarify objectives and spells out what you want to achieve in your business. to find out how to write a brick making business plan click here
3. Equipment needed to start a Brick Making Business
First thing first:
You will need a Brick Making Machine: Brick Making Machines prices starts at around R2300.
Types of Brick Making Machines
1. Maxi Brick Machine 5 per Drop . The Price is R2500
4. M140 6 PER DROP BRICK MAKING MACHINE . PRICE R15 000
5. Maxi brick Machine 10 per drop. R 10 000
You wil also need the following:
- A 65 litre builder’s wheelbarrow: cashbuild: their whellbarrows starts at R329
- A spade.: cashbuild: their Spades starts at R120
- A strong water bucket.
- Plaster sheets (such as clean dpc sheets).
- A sieve (this can be a strong piece of galvanised wire mesh with holes about 5mm square so the tip of your little finger can go through).
What Materials Do I Need?
- PPC SUREBUILD Cement 42,5 N is ideal for small scale cement brick/block manufacture. PPC SUREBUILD 42,5 N complies with SANS 50197-1. PPC SUREBUILD Cement 42,5 N with extra strength makes more concrete than regular general purpose cements.
- Clean river sand.
- Clean water – if you can drink it, it is suitable for brick/block making.
Choosing your brick making site
You have to choose a site that is close to your customers, and that is also close to your suppliers. The location has to have a leveled surface. and also the site has to be big enough to make and cure the amount of cement bricks/blocks you want to produce.
BY THE WAY! WE ALSO SELL BRICK MAKING MACHINES
We have Electric and Manual machines.